- Alan Hanawalt is the founder and sole proprietor of Hanawalt Tax Services, specializing in personal income tax preparation and planning.
- Alan began his tax career preparing returns for one of the big national chains in 2008. Many of his clients have been with him for years as they transition through a variety of life changes. He works with them to plan ahead and make proactive changes.
- Alan clients include:
- low income families who may qualify for the earned income credit,
- students with tuition credits or need our free FAFSA report
- wage earners who only need a low cost simple tax form (1040EZ and the 40S),
- same sex couples filing in Oregon,
- single parents with or without child custody
- Planning both retirement contributions and distributions can have a large impact on the taxes paid. Alan can help evaluate the mix of company retirement plans, Traditional and Roth IRAs that will be most beneficial to your future. Once clients are ready to draw on retirement funds, Alan can advise on the tax implications as well.
- As a business owner, Alan has first hand experience with operating a small business. Clients contact him year round with tax questions.
- Alan is a member of the National Association of Enrolled Agents, the Oregon Association of Tax Consultants and is an authorized IRS e-file provider.
Why choose Hanawalt Tax Services?
- HTS is locally owned and our office is open year round to assist our clients throughout the year as their financial and job situations change. We can help you plan ahead to lessen your tax burden for the upcoming year.
- Your return will be prepared in the comfort of our private office, behind closed doors. We don’t have cubicles – we value your right to privacy and confidentiality.
- You will see the same experienced tax professional each year. We get to know you as an individual and can provide guidance on decisions that will affect the taxes you pay in the future.
- If you are a new client and provide us with the previous year’s tax return (including income and expense documents), we will review the return at no charge. Often times we discover overlooked deductions that could give you an additional refund. We can file an Amended Return (1040x) if requested. There is a fee only if you choose to have us prepare your return.
- We provide professional, confidential, and personal services at a reasonable cost. At Hanawalt Tax Services, you are paying for our knowledge. Every year, May thru December, I invest many hours keeping current on tax law changes. This is necessary to ensure that your return is accurate and complies with all applicable laws. Our fees are based upon the complexity of your return.
- If you need copies of your W-2s or tax return, you can securely access them 24/7 via our Client Portal. The Client Portal has a Secure Drawer for each client. Your secure drawer is encrypted and password protected. It can be accessed from your computer, iPad, or Smart Phone. You will have the ability to print, fax, or email your return and W-2s. You will also have the ability to upload files to your preparer.
- As you browse through the website, you will see that we have highlighted background information on our company and the services we provide. We have also included useful resources such as informative articles in our Newsletter section and interactive financial calculators in our Financial Tools section. In addition, we have taken the time to gather many links to external Websites we think may be of interest to our clients and visitors in our Internet Links section.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments you may have – we’d love to hear from you. We pride ourselves on being proactive and responsive to our clients’ inquiries and suggestions.